Sevilla to sport special five-time winners' patch in Super Cup
The side will take on Real Madrid on Tuesday wearing a patch in honour of their five Europa League/UEFA Cup triumphs.
Sevilla are to take to the field in Tuesday's European Super Cup (20:45 CEST) wearing a patch commemorating their unique haul of five Europa League/UEFA Cup wins.
First team to qualify for UEFA patch
The Andalusians, who are to play in red in their all-Spanish clash with Champions League holders Real Madrid, revealed the additional feature on their match shirt on Thursday.
Sevilla are the first side to earn the special UEFA badge for teams reaching five trophy successes in Europe's second-tier club competition, having sealed a quintet of triumphs in May.
To be worn in Super Cup and Europa League
In a statement on their website, the LaLiga outfit explained that they will only sport the accessory in the Super Cup and any future fixtures in the Europa League.
Their 3-1 victory over Liverpool in last term's final in Basel handed them qualification for the coming season's Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- coronavirus Bill Gates predicts when the next pandemic will arrive
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in numbers: Mbappé looks to end drought, Barça out to maintain 100% record