Sporting and Portugal midfielder João Mário has been attracting the interest of Europe’s biggest clubs after his performances at Euro 2016 as the Seleção won the tournament in France. According to Portuguese daily O Bola, Real Madrid have now turned their attention to the 23-year-old but will have to compete with the likes of Unai Emery’s PSG if they are to finally land a transfer target this summer.
Sporting have already rejected offers this summer for one of their star players. Inter Milan opened the bidding with a 35-million-euro offer and Liverpool then added five million more to their own attempt but both were rebuffed.
Mário made 45 appearances for Sporting last season, scoring seven times and laying on 12 assists.
At the European Championship Mário emerged as one of the key components of Fernando Santos’ system as Portugal secured a first major international honour. The midfielder started six of Portugal’s seven fixtures and spent 562 minutes on the pitch in total.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS South Africa coronavirus curfew: what are the restrictions?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: could states return to lockdown or phase 1?
- NFL NFL: Washington to drop Redskins name and change logo
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online