Qatar striker Akram Afif to join Sporting from Villarreal
The 19-year-old will spend the 2016-17 season on loan at El Molinón after being signed by Villarreal during the winter window.
Qatar international Akram Afif will spend the 2016-17 season on loan at Primera División side Sporting, parent club Villarreal announced on Thursday. The Yellow Submarine added that Sporting will have no purchase option at the end of the loan deal, with the Castellón club keen to retain Afif's rights.
First team with Marcelino
Afif was signed by the El Madrigal board in the winter transfer window from the Aspire Academy in Qatar, which enjoys a close relationship with the Liga side. The player spent the pre-season with the Villarreal first team under the orders of Marcelino and put in some eye-catching performances. The 19-year-old is happy to take on defenders and has searing pace to add to his dribbling prowess and can play in attack or on either wing.
Afif had plenty of offers from Primera División clubs eager to take him on loan and the player finally settled on Sporting, who are managed by Abelardo Fernández and had one of the youngest squads in La Liga last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?