Qatar striker Akram Afif to join Sporting from Villarreal
The 19-year-old will spend the 2016-17 season on loan at El Molinón after being signed by Villarreal during the winter window.
Qatar international Akram Afif will spend the 2016-17 season on loan at Primera División side Sporting, parent club Villarreal announced on Thursday. The Yellow Submarine added that Sporting will have no purchase option at the end of the loan deal, with the Castellón club keen to retain Afif's rights.
First team with Marcelino
Afif was signed by the El Madrigal board in the winter transfer window from the Aspire Academy in Qatar, which enjoys a close relationship with the Liga side. The player spent the pre-season with the Villarreal first team under the orders of Marcelino and put in some eye-catching performances. The 19-year-old is happy to take on defenders and has searing pace to add to his dribbling prowess and can play in attack or on either wing.
Afif had plenty of offers from Primera División clubs eager to take him on loan and the player finally settled on Sporting, who are managed by Abelardo Fernández and had one of the youngest squads in La Liga last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?