UEFA Best Player 2016
Cristiano, Bale and Griezmann do battle for UEFA Best Player prize
UEFA have announced their finalists for Best Player in Europe 2016 award. Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann make the top three but Messi misses out
UEFA have revealed the three finalists for their Best Player in Europe 2016 award, and they are Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, and Antoine Griezmann.
The jury will now vote for their overall winner, which will be announced during the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on 25 August. Previous winners of the award include Lionel Messi (2015) Andrés Iniesta (2012), Franck Ribéry (2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2014).
The players to miss out on this year’s top three but who made the ten-man shortlist, are Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez, Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (Beyern Munich), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Pepe (Real Madrid).
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Italy to decide tomorrow if and when Serie A will return
- Coronavirus: Messi says resuming season will be 'like starting from scratch'
- Coronavirus | USA What are the CDC guidelines to schools reopening in the US?
- Coronavirus | USA Stimulus checks: which states received more payments?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Coutinho could enter Lautaro Martínez operation
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham trio Kane, Son and Bergwijn all back to full fitness