UEFA Best Player 2016
Cristiano, Bale and Griezmann do battle for UEFA Best Player prize
UEFA have announced their finalists for Best Player in Europe 2016 award. Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann make the top three but Messi misses out
UEFA have revealed the three finalists for their Best Player in Europe 2016 award, and they are Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, and Antoine Griezmann.
The jury will now vote for their overall winner, which will be announced during the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on 25 August. Previous winners of the award include Lionel Messi (2015) Andrés Iniesta (2012), Franck Ribéry (2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2014).
The players to miss out on this year’s top three but who made the ten-man shortlist, are Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez, Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (Beyern Munich), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Pepe (Real Madrid).
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times