UEFA Best Player 2016
Cristiano, Bale and Griezmann do battle for UEFA Best Player prize
UEFA have announced their finalists for Best Player in Europe 2016 award. Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann make the top three but Messi misses out
UEFA have revealed the three finalists for their Best Player in Europe 2016 award, and they are Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, and Antoine Griezmann.
The jury will now vote for their overall winner, which will be announced during the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on 25 August. Previous winners of the award include Lionel Messi (2015) Andrés Iniesta (2012), Franck Ribéry (2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2014).
The players to miss out on this year’s top three but who made the ten-man shortlist, are Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez, Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (Beyern Munich), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Pepe (Real Madrid).
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return