Cristiano Ronaldo has issued a riposte to José Mourinho after the Manchester United manager opined that Ronaldo’s ad hoc coaching on the touchline during the European Championship final against France “didn't help in any way” as Portugal eventually went on to lift the trophy.
Ronaldo posted a message on social media with a photo of Bruno Alves, Pepe, José Fonte and himself holding the cup, wearing shirts that read: “One of 11 million,” Portugal’s rallying cry during the tournament. Two words accompanied the image: “Quick remind [sic]”
Mourinho and Ronaldo have crossed swords before with the player memorably stating in 2013: “I have always respected all of my coaches and I try to learn from them. As we say in Portugal, I don’t spit on the plate I eat from.”
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?