Ødegaard waiting for Liverpool to call despite Bundesliga option
Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburg have shown an interest in taking the Norwegian teenager on loan for the new campaign.
Now that the team is back in the capital following the stage in Canada and mini-tour of the United States, Real Madrid have started the process of finding new clubs for some of the youth team players who were given opportunities over the summer. Martin Ødegaard, Marcos Llorente and Mariano will not return to Castilla for the new season and will be loaned out to gain regular playing time. In Ødegaard's case, there have been advances made during the past few days with Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburg expressing an interest in the Norwegian teenager.
Madrid officials view the Bundesliga option positively - Borja Mayoral recently started his loan spell with Wolfsburg and Dani Carvajal flourished during his time with Bayer Leverkusen. But Ødegaard and his father Hans-Erik are waiting for a phonecall from Liverpool. When the young midfielder was testing the water with some of Europe's top sides while he was still at Strømgodset, he has his father was left impressed by the Reds facilities at Melwood. In January 2015, before he signed for Real Madrid, Liverpool was the closest to signing him.
FIFA transfer ban verdict
Real Madrid expect to hear a definitive decision on their appeal against the transfer ban imposed by FIFA which would leave them unable to register players for two inscription periods. Officials believe a verdict will be announced by the end of next week (11th or 12th August at the latest) and they must complete any loan operations before the announcement. That way they will guarantee that they will be able to register the players who have been loaned out when they return to the club for the start of the 2017-18 season. If players are loaned out after the appeal verdict, Madrid will not be able to register them next term. At the moment, offers have been received for Ødegaard, Marcos Llorente and Mariano but the time needed to close those loan deals is running out.
Llorente está a la espera. Realizó una gran temporada, pero en el club quieren cederle para que coja experiencia en primera. El Betis ha sido de los últimos equipos en interesarse por él, pero no es el único...
Mariano tiene cartel. Mariano se tomará con calma elegir su futuro. El Oporto parece ahora la primera opción, pero también Málaga, Alavés, Sporting y Leganés han pedido su cesión al club blanco.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?