MAN CITY / DEPORTIVO
Moreno: Colombian signs for Man City and is loaned to Deportivo
The Premier League club have announced the capture of Marlos Moreno from Atletico Nacional, with the forward to spend 2016/17 in LaLigaNapoli vs Manchester City live online
Teenage Colombian forward Marlos Moreno has joined Manchester City on a five-year contract, the Premier League side announced on Saturday.
The 19-year-old arrives from his formative club Atletico Nacional and will spend the 2016-17 season on loan at Spanish club Deportivo La Coruña.
He is reported to have cost City £4.75 million (5.6 million euros).
"It will be great to work with Guardiola"
"City are one of the best clubs in the world. It will be nice to experience being part of such a big club. I want to make the most of it," Moreno told the Manchester team's website.
"Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers in the world. I think he likes young players very much and he can improve young players tactically and technically.
"It will be great to work with him and to be part of a great team."
Moreno has been capped seven times by Colombia and helped Atletico Nacional win this year's Copa Libertadores.
He is new City manager Guardiola's seventh close-season signing, following Leroy Sané, Ilkay Gündogan, Nolito, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Gabriel Jesus and Aaron Mooy.
"We believe he has a fantastic future"
"Marlos is an excellent prospect who has already broken into his national team," said City's director of football, Txiki Begiristain.
"He's a versatile player, still learning, but we believe he has a fantastic future in the game and with City.
"He makes and scores goals and is an intelligent footballer. We're delighted to have signed him."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz