SWANSEA 1 - 0 STADE RENNAIS
Fernando Llorente off to a winning start with Swansea
Jay Fulton's header on 70 minutes was all that separated the two teams on the whistle. Llorente featured in the starting XI and was substituted on 58 minutes.
Fernando Llorente made his Swansea debut on Saturday, featuring in the starting XI as Francesco Guidolin's beat Stade Rennais by a goal to nil at the Liberty.
The 31-year-old centre-forward, who signed a two-year deal with the Swans on Friday, played 58 minutes of the match, which was settled by a Jay Fulton header on 70 minutes.
"Fernando asked me yesterday if he could play 30 or 45 minutes. I asked him if it was possible for him to play a little longer than that. He said yes and so I decided to include him in the starting line-up because the most important thing for him now is to be getting playing time", Guidolin explained after the game.
The Italian manager added that he is "happy" to have Llorente on board because "he's an important player in Europe; he's a great signing for us. I think he can do very well in the Premier League because this is his first experience of this league and his motivation and enthusiasm couldn't be higher".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro and Valverde form the ideal midfield partnership
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey draw: 2019/20 first-round pairings revealed
- ENGLAND England: Southgate believes Sterling tweet brought closure to Gomez incident
- BARCELONA Rakitic: Barcelona turn down Premier League offer
- Serie A Manchester United: Koulibaly not planning on Napoli departure
- Neymar 'will always be an option' for Barcelona – Abidal