SWANSEA 1 - 0 STADE RENNAIS
Fernando Llorente off to a winning start with Swansea
Jay Fulton's header on 70 minutes was all that separated the two teams on the whistle. Llorente featured in the starting XI and was substituted on 58 minutes.
Fernando Llorente made his Swansea debut on Saturday, featuring in the starting XI as Francesco Guidolin's beat Stade Rennais by a goal to nil at the Liberty.
The 31-year-old centre-forward, who signed a two-year deal with the Swans on Friday, played 58 minutes of the match, which was settled by a Jay Fulton header on 70 minutes.
"Fernando asked me yesterday if he could play 30 or 45 minutes. I asked him if it was possible for him to play a little longer than that. He said yes and so I decided to include him in the starting line-up because the most important thing for him now is to be getting playing time", Guidolin explained after the game.
The Italian manager added that he is "happy" to have Llorente on board because "he's an important player in Europe; he's a great signing for us. I think he can do very well in the Premier League because this is his first experience of this league and his motivation and enthusiasm couldn't be higher".
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd Protests Trump threatens to use the U.S. military if governors can’t contain the violent protests
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: plans for second Economic Impact Payment
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd protests: Trump takes shelter in White House bunker
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League clubs to vote on relegation plans amid financial concerns