Borja Bastón: Swansea City close to club-record deal for striker
Swans boss Francesco Guidolin has admitted that the Premier League side are on the brink of completing a move for the 23-year-old Spaniard.Napoli vs Manchester City live online
Swansea City are on the verge of signing striker Borja Bastón from Atlético Madrid in a club-record transfer swoop.
Guidolin: "I think it is imminent"
Swans manager Francesco Guidolin has admitted that a deal for the 23-year-old is near, declaring: "I think it is close. I think it is imminent."
Bastón, who scored 18 LaLiga goals during a season-long loan at Eibar last term, is expected to join the Premier League side for £15 million (18 million euros).
This would eclipse the £12 million fee that the Welsh outfit paid for Dutchman Wilfried Bony three years ago.
Second Spanish signing in a matter of days
The move would see Bastón link up at the Liberty Stadium with fellow Spaniard Fernando Llorente, who signed for Swansea on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win