Borja Bastón: Swansea City close to club-record deal for striker
Swans boss Francesco Guidolin has admitted that the Premier League side are on the brink of completing a move for the 23-year-old Spaniard.Napoli vs Manchester City live online
Swansea City are on the verge of signing striker Borja Bastón from Atlético Madrid in a club-record transfer swoop.
Guidolin: "I think it is imminent"
Swans manager Francesco Guidolin has admitted that a deal for the 23-year-old is near, declaring: "I think it is close. I think it is imminent."
Bastón, who scored 18 LaLiga goals during a season-long loan at Eibar last term, is expected to join the Premier League side for £15 million (18 million euros).
This would eclipse the £12 million fee that the Welsh outfit paid for Dutchman Wilfried Bony three years ago.
Second Spanish signing in a matter of days
The move would see Bastón link up at the Liberty Stadium with fellow Spaniard Fernando Llorente, who signed for Swansea on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Odegaard future comes down to Zidane plans
- Premier League Premier League: how many and which matches can be watched on the BBC?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League may introduce artificial crowd noise
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check US: EIP Cards being mistaken for scam, junk mail
- United States Trump on Minneapolis unrest: "when the looting starts the shooting starts"
- GEORGE FLOYD DEATH George Floyd Memorial Fund: how much has GoFundMe page raised?