Borja Bastón: Swansea City close to club-record deal for striker
Swans boss Francesco Guidolin has admitted that the Premier League side are on the brink of completing a move for the 23-year-old Spaniard.Napoli vs Manchester City live online
Swansea City are on the verge of signing striker Borja Bastón from Atlético Madrid in a club-record transfer swoop.
Guidolin: "I think it is imminent"
Swans manager Francesco Guidolin has admitted that a deal for the 23-year-old is near, declaring: "I think it is close. I think it is imminent."
Bastón, who scored 18 LaLiga goals during a season-long loan at Eibar last term, is expected to join the Premier League side for £15 million (18 million euros).
This would eclipse the £12 million fee that the Welsh outfit paid for Dutchman Wilfried Bony three years ago.
Second Spanish signing in a matter of days
The move would see Bastón link up at the Liberty Stadium with fellow Spaniard Fernando Llorente, who signed for Swansea on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?