Rodgers hands Scott Sinclair a lifeline at Celtic
The 27-year-old winger has been given a chance to revive his career by his mentor Brendan Rodgers after completing his transfer from Aston Villa to Celtic on Sunday.
Scott Sinclair has been given a chance to revive his career by his mentor Brendan Rodgers after completing his transfer from Aston Villa to Celtic on Sunday.
The 27-year-old winger, who was never capped by England at senior level but who played for the Great Britain side at the 2012 Olympics, has signed a four-year contract with the Scottish champions.
Rodgers was delighted to be reunited with a player he first had under his wing as a 16-year-old at Chelsea where he was youth coach and then reserve team manager. He then subsequently worked with Sinclair when he was manager of Swansea City. “I had him in at Chelsea when he was 16 years of age. I know him probably as well as anyone and I know his qualities”, Rodgers said of the player on Friday.
Sinclair, who endured a miserable three years at Manchester City after leaving Swansea, could well be plunged straight into action as Celtic face Hearts in their Scottish Premiership opener later on Sunday. “I can't wait to get on the pitch. When I went back to Aston Villa for pre-season, I heard Celtic were interested and I just knew I had to come here,' he told the Celtic website. “I had to look at this move and I thought it would be great for me. And because I know the manager and I know what to expect, hopefully I can get off to a flying start”.
Sinclair joins French forward Moussa Dembélé and veteran Ivorian defender Kolo Touré as new signings made by Rodgers since he was appointed in late May.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?