Kroos and Bale to stay in Madrid with Benzema a doubt
Zidane will make a decision if Benzema plays or not in Trondheim after a fitness test after the final training session. Bale and Kroos won't be flying to Norway.
Karim Benzema trained for the second consecutive day with the Real Madrid squad and there is still a possibility the French striker can play some role in Tuesday's Uefa Super Cup against Sevilla.
The club's medical team will make a last minute decision on his fitness ahead of the game at the Lerkendal Stadion in Trondheim.
“He hasn't been training with the rest of the squad so we'll have to see when Tuesday comes around" commented Zidane aware of the club policy of not risking players that are not completely injury free.
Kroos y Bale.
Gareth Bale and Toni Kroos are in a different position. Both players completed their second complete training session upon their return from holiday but the French coach has decided that neither international player will travel to Norway when the squad depart later this afternoon (Monday) at 13.30 (CET).
Keylor Navas meanwhile continues his particular rehabilitation process so Casilla will be the goalkeeper for the Super Cup clash.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections