Super Cup squad: Benzema and Mariano in, Kroos and Bale out
Zinedine Zidane also picks his son Luca as third goalkeeper following the injury to Keylor Navas as Real Madrid travel to Trondheim to face Sevilla in the Super Cup on Tuesday
The inclusion of Luca Zidane and Mariano, along with the absence of Bale and Kroos, was the major piece of team news as Real Madrid released their 20-man squad list on Monday morning for the European Super Cup tie against Sevilla (Tuesday, 20.45 CET).
The non-selection of Bale and Kroos comes as no surprise considering both have completed only two training sessions since their return from summer holidays.
Meanwhile, Zinedine Zidane has picked his son, Luca, as third goalkeeper after the injury to Keylor Navas. The other most noteworthy inclusion is Mariano Diaz. The Dominican striker has had a great preseason with the first team and will travel with the squad to Norway thanks to the space freed up by the missing Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale.
Benzema, who was a doubt, is also included.
Real Madrid squad to face Sevilla in Trondheim:
Goalkeepers: Casilla, Yáñez. Luca Zidane
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Danilo, Marcelo.
Midfielders: James, Casemiro, Kovacic, Modric, Isco, Asensio, Marcos Llorente.
Forwards: Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Morata, Mariano.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- WFS LIVE "It's great that we can be icons for young girls instead of Messi & Ronaldo"
- Coronavirus How many Americans claimed unemployment benefit last week?
- US News What’s in the executive order Biden plans for undocumented migrants?
- US NEWS Who are Joe Biden's cabinet picks so far?
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby