PSG sign Jesé for undisclosed fee on five-year deal
Real Madrid gave thanks to Jesé in an official statement for the player's "professionalism and dedication".
Real Madrid made official on Monday afternoon the transfer of Jesé Rodríguez to Paris Saint Germain, minutes before the midfielder was presented by the French champions to fans in Paris. Los Blancos released a statement giving thanks to Jesé for “years of dedication and professionalism”.
“Real Madrid C. F. and Paris Saint-Germain have agreed the transfer of Jesé Rodríguez," said the announcement through the club's official website. "The club would like to thank him for his years of dedication and professionalism from the academy through to the first team and we would like to wish him luck in the new stage of his career.”
Jese, who was signed for an undisclosed fee on a five year deal, scored 13 goals from 62 La Liga games.
"Like Paris Saint-Germain, I have big ambitions for the coming seasons and it will be a great pleasure to work under the direction of Unai Emery," Jesé told PSG's official website. "I can't wait to begin this next challenge of my career."
Press conference quotes
Position: “I’m at the disposition of the coach but I can play in the four different forward positions.”
Language: “I’m going to do everything possible to learn French as soon as possible.”
Real Madrid: “After 10 years, it was time to breathe different air. In this club I can exploit my qualities and get more minutes.”
Zidane: “He’s a great person. He wanted me to play more. I talked with my agent and decided to leave and listen to different offers. I arrived at the conclusion that PSG were the club that deposited most confidence in me.”
Lament at not having triumphed: “In the 13 years I was at Real Madrid, I gave my best. The club will always be in my heart…but, I want to win everything with PSG”
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Beckham's Inter Miami make late bid for Edinson Cavani
- Football Kompany believes diversity in football needs to start at the top
- 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic Tournament Reinier stars in Brazil win as Tokyo 2020 qualification looms closer
- REAL ZARAGOZA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Another chance for Vinicius to impress
- Rumour Has It: Barcelona give up on Rodrigo, Fernandes to Man Utd finally done
- Copa del Reu Iñaki Williams thanks Tenerife fans for 'No to Racism' display