Camp Nou now has hybrid grass for first time in its history
The Barcelona stadium will show off its new synthetically reinforced grass for the first time on Wednesday, as Barcelona take on Sampdoria in the Joan Gamper trophy
- Follow the live macth coverage of LaLiga Santander: Barcelona-Leganés live online.
During the Joan Gamper trophy match against Sampodria on Wedsnesday, the Camp Nou will show off its new pitch (which began installation on 21 July and finished today).
Better traction, more stability
For the first time in its history the stadium will have a hybrid playing surface of synthetic fibres mixed with natural grass. According to the club, the hybrid model offers diverse advantages over a regular grass surface, including the provision of better traction and more uniform stability of the surface all year-round.
Thankfully for the Barcelona players, it won’t take long to get accustomed to the ground’s new feel, as the same hybrid grass was already installed at the club’s training base – Ciutat Esportiva de Sant Joan Despí – one year ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia