Zidane ahead of Uefa Super Cup: "We're not the favourites"
Zidane on Benzema: "He's doing well and I'm happy he's here with the group. We won't take any chances and we'll see how he is tomorrow'.
Real Madrid first team coach Zinedine Zidane was optimistic but at the same cautious as he spoke at the pre match press conference this evening. His side face Sevilla in Trondheim (Norway) tomorrow in the Uefa 2016 Super Cup
Benzema: “He's fine despite not having played in recent games. We won't take any risks but the important thing is that he's here with the group and is working hard”.
No BBC: “That doesn't worry me, they played in the final stages of Euro 2016 and need a break after a demanding season. Of course it would be great to have the complete squad here but I'd prefer that Bale and Kroos carry on with their particular preparation in Madrid. I'm happy to be here with the new season campaign about to get under way”.
An uphill task with so many absentees?: “Madrid are not the favorites as both teams will want to win. My concern is that we are ready for the game and I believe we are”.
Pogba: “I have no view. He's a United player and that's all there is to it. I wish him well and that's it”.
How was pre season in the US: “Very good. We had ample time to prepare. Canada was great and things worked well in the friendly games in the States. We we're very comfortable and everything was perfect”.
Odegaard: “He's here with us. He was part of the pre season squad and I'm happy with how he's doing. Maybe later we'll make a decision but anything can happen up to August 31. I'd like to see him play and competition is high at Real Madrid. That's my advice to him”.
Pogba's price and the lack of summer signings at Real Madrid: “That's the way the market is at present. We have plenty of players and I've no idea how everybody is going to play, that's my problem. Every player who stays will have a key role next season but with time remaining in the market anything can happen”.
Morata: “His time at Juventus was excellent for his development and he's grown a great deal. He's worked hard and is set for what will be a hard season ahead”.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes