Argentina and Brazil fans get into Olympics punch-up
Security had to break up a fight between Argentina and Brazil fans during the Olympics tennis match between Del Porto and Sousa. "This is not football" said Del Potro after.
The intense rivalry between Brazil and Argentina is not just confined to football. Supporters from both countries have been seen taunting each other from the very first day of the Rio Olympics in the various sporting pavilions across the city.
Security breaks-up fight
And the banter finally boiled over on Monday during the tennis match between Argentina’s Del Potro and Portuguese player Joao Sousa, with security personnel having to intervene when an Argentine and Brazilian got into a punch up.
Del Porto: "This isn't football"
After the game, which Del Potro won 6-3, 1-6, 6-3 following his shock defeat of Novak Djokovic on Sunday, said he hopes there’ll be no repeat of the ugly scenes. “I hope that these types of incidents don’t happen again because people come here to watch tennis. This isn’t football.”
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema leads Cristiano Ronaldo in goal participation
- BARCELONA Barcelona out of sorts: 16 injuries in three months...
- REAL MADRID Zindane's inclusive policy
- BUNDESLIGA Hoeness: Some Bayern Munich players wanted Kovac out
- Premier League "Mesut Özil should be the cherry on the cake, but..." - Tony Adams
- YouTube fight KSI loss not real for Logan Paul as YouTubers fight in the ring