Argentina and Brazil fans get into Olympics punch-up
Security had to break up a fight between Argentina and Brazil fans during the Olympics tennis match between Del Porto and Sousa. "This is not football" said Del Potro after.
The intense rivalry between Brazil and Argentina is not just confined to football. Supporters from both countries have been seen taunting each other from the very first day of the Rio Olympics in the various sporting pavilions across the city.
Security breaks-up fight
And the banter finally boiled over on Monday during the tennis match between Argentina’s Del Potro and Portuguese player Joao Sousa, with security personnel having to intervene when an Argentine and Brazilian got into a punch up.
Del Porto: "This isn't football"
After the game, which Del Potro won 6-3, 1-6, 6-3 following his shock defeat of Novak Djokovic on Sunday, said he hopes there’ll be no repeat of the ugly scenes. “I hope that these types of incidents don’t happen again because people come here to watch tennis. This isn’t football.”
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...