Luis Enrique tries to forget his Madrid days: "Next question"
The Barcelona coach avoided a question on Barcelona's European Cup final win over Sampdoria in 1992. He was a Real Madrid player back then...
With the Joan Gamper trophy match against Sampdoria on Wednesday night, Barcelona begin a year of commemoration for the 25th anniversary of the club’s European Cup win at Wembley in 1992 (the first of the five that the Catalan side have in its silverware cabinet today).
In that final – mythical for all Barcelonistas – Johan Cruyff’s dream team played Sampdoria, and for that reason the Italians have been invited to play in the annual Gamper friendly.
When Luis Enrique was asked at the pre-match press conference on Tuesday of his memories of that game in 1992 and where he was when he saw it, the Barça coach didn’t want to go into any detail: “I don’t remember and it’s almost better that I don’t remember. You all already know where I was at a professional level at that time, so next question.”
The explanation is quite simple. At that time, Luis Enrique was playing for Real Madrid, an era during which the Barça coach has said: “I don’t recognise myself, not even on the football stickers”
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' stats at Real Madrid: goals, games, cards...
- US Soccer US Soccer reveals 2021 away jerseys by Nike
- NBA Why is Nicola Jokic declining to play with Serbia in Tokyo OIympics?
- NBA How are the All-NBA Teams selected?
- UNEMPLOYMENT SUPPORT Unemployment benefits: how many people will stop receiving the money this week?
- IRS TAX REFUNDS What is IRS TREAS 310 and how is it related to 2020 tax returns?