Marcos Llorente sent to Alavés on season-long loan
The Real Madrid Castilla player is being sent to Alavés to gain vital first-team experience in the top flight after impressing Zidane in preseason
Real Madrid Castilla player Marcos Llorente has signed for La Liga side Alavés on a one-year loan after both sides reached an agreement over a move on Tuesday.
Zidane delighted with Llorente's development
The centre-midfielder made a good impression on Los Blancos’ preseason trip to North America and delighted Zidane with his efforts, but after a conversation following Madrid’s return to Spain both sides decided it would be most beneficial for the player to go and get some guaranteed minutes elsewhere.
Llorente (who’s the son of Paco Llorente, the grandson of Grosso, and grandnephew of Gento), would find it difficult to break in to the Real Madrid first-team due to the huge competition for places in the middle of the park, but he should come back in 12 months with vital game time in the top flight behind him.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed