Van der Vaart joins FC Midtjylland from Betis
The Dutch international has joined the Danish side on loan from Betis, who will pick up part of his salary until his contract in Seville expires.
Rafael Van der Vaart has been presented as a Midtjylland player. Real Betis reached an agreement with the Danish side for the Netherlands international to join on loan for the next two seasons, with the Spanish club paying part of Van der Vaart's salary. The player is under contract at Betis until 2018.
No financial details or length of contract were given but local media said he had signed a two-year deal. The 33-year old midfielder, who played in the 2010 World Cup final and won 109 caps, joins his girlfriend Estavana Polman in Denmark where she plays handball nearby for Team Esbjerg.
"Show I'm still a good player"
"It was not any easy transfer but I'm pleased I can try and help the team," Van der Vaart told the club's official website (www.fcm.dk). "I want to get training with the team as soon as possible and show that I'm still a good player."
The former Ajax Amsterdam, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur and HSV Hamburg playmaker made just seven appearances in an injury-plagued season at Betis.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?