Real Madrid in pole position for Dortmund midfielder Weigl
The 20-year-old is stalling over a new contract at the Westfalenstadion
Julian Weigl, Borussia Dortmund’s Germany youth international midfielder, has emerged a possible target for Real Madrid and is stalling on a new deal at the Bundesliga club. Dortmund want to tie down one of the most promising youngsters in the league with a long-term contract but German daily DerWesten reports that Weigl’s head has been turned by interest from the Bernabéu, where Weigl is seen as an ideal back-up for Casemiro.
Real are keen to add young talent to their ranks and conscious of the fact that a Fifa transfer ban for the entirety of 2017 still remains a distinct possibility. Dortmund will not make the transfer a comfortable undertaking given the esteem in which Weigl is held at the club. Last season, the defensive midfielder made 51 appearances for Dortmund in all competitions and debuted with the senior Germany side in a friendly against Slovakia in May, subsequently being called up for Joachim Löw’s Euro 2016 squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 01 April
- MLS Coronavirus: Robbie Russell goes from winning MLS Cup to fighting Covid-19
- Liga MX Miguel Herrera “Everyone wants Renato Ibarra to stay in Club América”
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Everything you need to know about Covid-19 testing
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 31 March
- FOOTBALL Coronavirus: UEFA's plan for Europe, leagues and international football