Spain to meet England at Wembley on 15 November
It will be the 25th meeting between the two nations - the most recent was last November when Mario Gaspar and Cazorla gave Spain a 2-0 win at the Rico Pérez.
England and Spain to meet in a friendly at Wembley
Spain announced this morning that they will play a friendly match with England at Wembley on Tuesday 15th November (kick-off: 20:00 GMT - 21:00 hours in Spain). It will be the 25th time the two countries national teams have met in official and unofficial competition - the most recent was on 13 November last year, when goals from Mario Gaspar (a sensational scissor-kick) and Santi Cazorla handed Spain a 2-0 win at the José Rico Pérez.
Of the previous 24 meetings, England have won 13, Spain nine and just two have ended level - the May 1955 friendly and the final Group B game at 1982 World Cup Spain, which ended the hosts' participation in the tournament. Spain's last win on English soil was back in February 2007 - Andrés Iniesta's spectacular strike settling a friendly meeting at Old Trafford.
Tickets for the November friendly, which are priced from 10-20 pounds, go on sale on 13 September.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
- George Floyd Al-Qaeda, ISIS, IRA...the complete list of terrorist groups in the US
- Coronavirus Stimulus checks: Plain envelopes are also official and not junk mail, IRS said
- George Floyd Protests Who is Jaylen Brown and what's his role in the George Floyd movement?