Prosinecki on Higuaín: "He's a pig! He's fatter than me!"
The former Red Star, Barça and Real Madrid midfielder joined the chorus of jokes about Juve's buy: "I can't imagine what Allegri's face was like."
Gonzalo Higuaín has been under the microscope since making his Juventus debut in a friendly against West Ham at the Olympic Stadium. The former Napoli striker, whose acrimonious 90-million-euro move to Turin from Naples was, briefly, the third most-expensive transfer in football history, appeared to be carrying plenty of extra baggage.
Robert Prosinecki, currently the coach of Azerbaijan and a former Barcelona and Real Madrid player, expressed his surprise at Higuaín’s shape in an interview with Croatian daily Jutarjni List: “I was amazed to see Higuaín looking like that. They paid 90 million for him and he’s turned up like a pig. He’s fatter than me! I can’t imagine what Massimiliano Allegri’s face was like when he saw him after chasing his signature so much.”
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"