Prosinecki on Higuaín: "He's a pig! He's fatter than me!"
The former Red Star, Barça and Real Madrid midfielder joined the chorus of jokes about Juve's buy: "I can't imagine what Allegri's face was like."
Gonzalo Higuaín has been under the microscope since making his Juventus debut in a friendly against West Ham at the Olympic Stadium. The former Napoli striker, whose acrimonious 90-million-euro move to Turin from Naples was, briefly, the third most-expensive transfer in football history, appeared to be carrying plenty of extra baggage.
Robert Prosinecki, currently the coach of Azerbaijan and a former Barcelona and Real Madrid player, expressed his surprise at Higuaín’s shape in an interview with Croatian daily Jutarjni List: “I was amazed to see Higuaín looking like that. They paid 90 million for him and he’s turned up like a pig. He’s fatter than me! I can’t imagine what Massimiliano Allegri’s face was like when he saw him after chasing his signature so much.”
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Griezmann explains motives for Atlético exit
- Champions League Bayern Munich lose Coman after knee scare in Tottenham encounter
- LALIGA Messi: gap has closed between Barcelona, Madrid and rest of LaLiga
- ARSENAL Ljungberg not getting involved as Arsenal search for new boss
- Club Brugge 1-3 Real Madrid Zidane sees Real Madrid coming into the Clásico in fine form
- CLUB BRUGGE 1-3 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings as Club Brugge beaten in Belgium