Depor's Lucas Pérez holding out for phone call from Barça?
The Depor striker's agent has confirmed that his client is stalling on a new contract at Riazor. "What happens if Barça call two days later?"
While Barça are searching for a fourth forward to complement Leo Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar, nerves are on edge at Riazor over Lucas Pérez, last season’s top scorer for Depor with 17 Liga strikes.
"What happens if Barça pay the clause?"
Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernández said after the Trofeo Gamper match against Sampdoria on Wednesday that “a striker will arrive before the league starts.” Now, Pérez’s agent has suggested that his client may well be that man. In quotes given to La Voz de Galicia, Rodrigo Fernández said that Pérez won’t be signing a new contract at Depor until the window closes. “And what happens if two days after signing, something happens and someone pays his clause, let’s say for example, Barcelona? I think it would give off a very bad image. For that reason, it’s best if we don’t renew anything until the window closes. There’ll be time later on.”
Pérez was left out of the side for the Teresa Herrera Trophy game against Villarreal, for “technical reasons.” However, Fernández admitted “it is impossible to be focused when there is so much hoo-ha and every day [Pérez] is being linked with a move somewhere else.”
20 million release clause
Pérez’s minimum release clause stands at 20 million euros, a fee that Barcelona will consider within their reach even given the club’s delicate financial situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Ibra and Galaxy earn LAFC tie as Union win seven-goal thriller
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far