Cristian Tello, Barcelona and Fiorentina have reached an agreement which will see the Sabadell-born winger spend the new campaign in Serie A on a year-long loan. At the end of the season, Fiore will have first option to buy the player for eight million euros. Tello is under contract with Barcelona until June 2018.
The 25-year-old, who doesn't feature in Luis Enrique's plans, has been training with the squad since the pre-season started and even travelled with the team to Saint George’s Park for the summer stage. But he hasn't been given a single minute in any of the team's friendlies - even last night's Trofeo Gamper meeting with Sampdoria although he was presented to the fans with the rest of the squad before kick-off - without a squad number.
Tello's case is similar to Martín Montoya's, who has been loaned out to Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- Europa League Europa League 2020 Last 16 draw: how and where to watch
- QATAR 2022 Mark Hughes: Qatar should be proud of its preparations for 2022
- MLS Ambitious Beckham would love to sign Messi or Ronaldo
- Premier League Liverpool announce big profits despite record player spend
- Premier League Who'll be in new Premier League hall of fame?
- Anything can happen in El Clasico – former Real Madrid captain Hierro