The season hasn’t started well for James. In the first official match of the new season against Sevilla, he was left out by coach Zinedine Zidane. Despite the fact the Real Madrid team were missing Kroos, Cristiano and Bale, the Colombian still failed to make the Frenchman’s starting line-up and was the third substitute to be used (in the 72nd minute). Isco and Asensio were preferred, and Benzema and Modric too were utilised from the bench in front of James when Zidane needed extra impetus in the Super Cup final. This, of course, didn’t go unnoticed by James and his mood was reflected by his apathetic gestures when sat amongst the substitutes and his unenthusiastic celebration of Dani Carvajal’s wonderful winner.
With the new La Liga season almost upon us, the attacking midfielder certainly looks like he’s not going to be one of Zidane’s first-choice players. After the Sevilla match, Zizou was rather indifferent when asked about the situation. “He’s a Madrid player,” he said. “But we have a very big squad. Let’s see what happens.”
Support from Real Madrid bigwigs starting to waiver
It’s a complicated scenario, but now for the first time – according to La Sexta – the club are considering listening to offers for James. It’s the first time that the 25-year old and the club find themselves in this predicament, not only because of what they would lose on the pitch, but also what they would lose off it: without James, Real Madrid would wave goodbye to some of significant weight they hold in the Latin American market. However, the support that James has had in the form of Florentino Perez and the Real Madrid bigwigs is now starting to waiver.
One thing that’s gone against James in this respect is despite the club’s recommendation that he have his troublesome shoulder operated on during the summer, he opted for just treatment instead, and was later seen playing volleyball on the beach.
James remains positive he can convince Zidane
Despite all this, James is sure that he can convince Zidane of his worth. After it was reveladed by AS last month that Los Blancos turned down an €85 million offer for the player, James said: "My dream has always been to play for Madrid and I am going to carry on dreaming because I am staying here.”
And when asked if he still thought he was going to stay remain at the Bernabéu in the media mixed-zone on Tuesday night, James didn’t hesitate to reiterate his answer: “Yes, obviously.” Nevertheless, the one opinion which will have to change on the matter is Zidane’s.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move