Betis confirm Van der Vaart's exit two days after he'd left...
Real Betis announced on Friday afternoon that Raphael van der Vaart has left the club - but the Dutch midfielder had already been officially presented two days ago by Midtjylland.
Shortly after 1pm on Friday afternoon, Betis issued a statement to confirm that Rafael van der Vaart has reached an agreement to join FC Midtjylland - two days after the Dutch midfielder was officially presented by the Danish side.
The 33-year-old midfielder was touted to be one of the lynchpins of Eduardo Macià's sporting project when he joined the Verdiblancos on a free transfer last summer but never really set the Benito Villamarín alight and has moved on pocketing a decent portion of the salary he was due to collect over the final two years of hsi contract. From their press note, it can be assumed that Betis didn't manage to negotiate a complete transfer with the Danish club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times