Sunderland scoop United’s Januzaj on a one-year loan
Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Sunderland on a season-long loan from Manchester United, his new employers announced on Friday.
Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Sunderland on a season-long loan from Manchester United, his new club announced on Friday.
The move will reunite Januzaj, 21, with Sunderland manager David Moyes, who gave him his United debut in August 2013.
Januzaj made a strong impression in the 2013-14 season but failed to hold down a first-team place at United and spent the first half of last season on loan at Borussia Dortmund. “Adnan will give us a different variation”, Moyes explained in Friday’s pre-match press conference. “I have to get him back to the level he played at two years ago. He will get every opportunity to do the business. I'm hoping the Sunderland fans will see the real Adnan Januzaj".
Sunderland however, have not revealed if the deal contains an option to buy the player after the loan deal is completed. Januzaj is the third United player to have joined Sunderland this week, after fellow 21-year-olds Paddy McNair and Donald Love signed on permanent deals on Thursday.
Sunderland have also signed Senegalese centre-back Papy Djilobodji. Moyes’ team get their Premier League campaign up and running at Manchester City on Saturday, when all four new signings could make their debuts.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?