Sunderland scoop United’s Januzaj on a one-year loan
Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Sunderland on a season-long loan from Manchester United, his new employers announced on Friday.
Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Sunderland on a season-long loan from Manchester United, his new club announced on Friday.
The move will reunite Januzaj, 21, with Sunderland manager David Moyes, who gave him his United debut in August 2013.
Januzaj made a strong impression in the 2013-14 season but failed to hold down a first-team place at United and spent the first half of last season on loan at Borussia Dortmund. “Adnan will give us a different variation”, Moyes explained in Friday’s pre-match press conference. “I have to get him back to the level he played at two years ago. He will get every opportunity to do the business. I'm hoping the Sunderland fans will see the real Adnan Januzaj".
Sunderland however, have not revealed if the deal contains an option to buy the player after the loan deal is completed. Januzaj is the third United player to have joined Sunderland this week, after fellow 21-year-olds Paddy McNair and Donald Love signed on permanent deals on Thursday.
Sunderland have also signed Senegalese centre-back Papy Djilobodji. Moyes’ team get their Premier League campaign up and running at Manchester City on Saturday, when all four new signings could make their debuts.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane