Sunderland scoop United’s Januzaj on a one-year loan
Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Sunderland on a season-long loan from Manchester United, his new employers announced on Friday.
Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Sunderland on a season-long loan from Manchester United, his new club announced on Friday.
The move will reunite Januzaj, 21, with Sunderland manager David Moyes, who gave him his United debut in August 2013.
Januzaj made a strong impression in the 2013-14 season but failed to hold down a first-team place at United and spent the first half of last season on loan at Borussia Dortmund. “Adnan will give us a different variation”, Moyes explained in Friday’s pre-match press conference. “I have to get him back to the level he played at two years ago. He will get every opportunity to do the business. I'm hoping the Sunderland fans will see the real Adnan Januzaj".
Sunderland however, have not revealed if the deal contains an option to buy the player after the loan deal is completed. Januzaj is the third United player to have joined Sunderland this week, after fellow 21-year-olds Paddy McNair and Donald Love signed on permanent deals on Thursday.
Sunderland have also signed Senegalese centre-back Papy Djilobodji. Moyes’ team get their Premier League campaign up and running at Manchester City on Saturday, when all four new signings could make their debuts.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win