Atlético mulling a replacement for injured keeper Moyá
The reserve keeper is expected to be out of action for two months, leaving Diego Simeone with a potential headache between the sticks.
Atlético Madrid are considering reinforcements between the sticks after confirmation that Miguel Ángel Moyá will be out of action for two months after surgery to correct a problem in his right knee.
Bernabé and Werner
Neither Diego Simeone nor the board want to play catch-up in such an important position and will take their time to consider their options, but with only one senior keeper in Jan Oblak, a move in the market cannot be ruled out. Atlético’s current third keeper, Bernabé Barragán, has rarely appeared for the first team although he has acquitted himself well when he has. Atlético are also trying to bring on-loan Argentinean stopper Alex Werner back to the club, although there are doubts about his ability to make the step up to top-flight European football immediately.
Simeone will have to decide whether to place his faith in Bernabé or dip into the loan market. Moyá should be back in action in a couple of months and that being the case, Atlético are keen to avoid having too many keepers on the books. Furthermore, it won’t be easy to find one who will be willing to play third fiddle behind Oblak and Moyá when the latter returns to fitness.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim