Many players have a propensity to put on a few pounds over the summer break and Gonzalo Higuaín is one of those players. While this is a fact that’s been known for quite some time now, this summer the striker seems to have come back heavier than ever. Or perhaps it’s just that the Argentinian’ recent massive transfer to Juventus has led to some more-than-normal scrutiny over his waistline.
One way or another, Juve are taking Higuaín’s extra junk in the trunk seriously and have decided to put him on a diet before they start their Serie A campaign next weekend. La Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Saturday that Pipita – as he’s affectionately known – is following a strict weight-loss plan to lose some kilos as soon as possible.
Despite concerns, Allegri is not considering dropping the striker who cost the club €90 million and will start the friendly on Saturday night against Espanyol. The Italian coach is well aware that the thing Higuaín needs most right now is a bit of exercise to shake off the excesses of his vacations.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem