SEVILLA - BARCELONA
Sampaoli obliged to make changes against Barcelona
The coach will be without suspension-hit defensive pair Carriço and Kolo, who will be replaced by Rami and Escudero; Nico Pareja meanwhile faces a late fitness test.
Tomorrow's Spanish Supercup first leg is just Jorge Sampaoli's second game in charge at Sevilla but the Argentine coach will be obnlioged to completely redesign his line-up, and field a changed XI to the one which took on Real Madrid in last Tuesday's European Super Cup final. Sampaoli has players who are unavailable and also has to give playing time to those who didn't feature in Trondheim.
Sergio Rico will keep his place in goal but only because David Soria suffered a fractured wrist injury which rules him out for the next six weeks. In defence, Carriço and Kolo are both suspended, which opens the door for Rami and Escudero; Nico Pareja meanwhile faces a late fitness test as he ended Tuesday's game with physical problems.
In midfield, Kranevitter - as sub against Madrid the other night, is expected to start; N'Zonzi and Franco Vázquez will keep their places up front. Sampaoli could also hand Ben Yedder his debut while the coach will be keen to take a look at Pablo Sarabia who could start out wide on the wing. The squad will not be announced until the day of the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Neymar surprises Richarlison with Everton award
- REAL MADRID The price Real Madrid must pay to sign Kylian Mbappé
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Harry Wilson close to £20million Anfield exit
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor shooting case verdict and decision, reactions and live updates
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what proposals have been put forward?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool new boys could be handed debut in tomorrow’s EFL Cup