Layhoon Chan tells Barça straight: "Alcácer is not for sale"
The Valencia president wanted to make it clear that the striker will not be sold under any circumstances at today's supporters' group meeting.England vs Spain
Valencia president Layhoon Chan sent a clear 'hands-off' message to clubs interested in making a bd for striker Paco Alcácer - especially FC Barcelona: "If there is any doubts, let me make it clear: Alcácer is a Valencia player and we don't want to sell him", she told those present at a supporters' group association meeting on Saturday.
Apart from the issue concerning Alcácer, Layhoon thanked fans for their support during what was a disappointing season for the Ché. "I will never forget the Sevilla game, it was you, the fans, who won that game", she told peñistas.
Coach Pako Ayestarán added: "During the difficult moments, please remember that we suffer too - just like you; we need to be optimistic, we shouldn't be constantly criticized as we need favourable conditions in order for the players to be able to realize their potential. We are going to give you all of the things which every set of fans asks for - hard work, respect, ambition, optimism and professionalism".
Te recomendamos en English
- Europa League Europa League 2020 Last 16 draw: how and where to watch
- QATAR 2022 Mark Hughes: Qatar should be proud of its preparations for 2022
- MLS Ambitious Beckham would love to sign Messi or Ronaldo
- Premier League Liverpool announce big profits despite record player spend
- Premier League Who'll be in new Premier League hall of fame?
- Anything can happen in El Clasico – former Real Madrid captain Hierro