Andrea Pirlo has been talking about Paul Pogba’s recent transfer to Manchester United and has revealed how Juventus were in tears laughing when United originally let the player go in 2012, and are “still laughing” now.
The former Juve midfielder said that all of the players at the club at that time rapidly realised what a steal Pogba was – having left Old Trafford for Turin on a free, only to be sold back to United for over €105 million just four years later.
“The first day he trained with us we were all laughing,” the Italian legend told the Daily Mail. “We didn’t laugh for any other reason than incredulousness; that a player of such ability could be let go for nothing. I think Juventus are still laughing.”
Pirlo further reminisced about how everyone at the club was waxing lyrical over the “special” Pogba, and that even Gianluigi Buffon came up to him laughing in disbelief.
"Football is prepared for a new king"
“He’s a player who can be the best in his position for the next ten years,” said the 37-year old, who now plies his trade at New York City, and that Pogba is now the best young player in the world. “This honour has been fought between Messi and Cristiano for many years, but football is prepared for a new king.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid