Villarreal take Santos Borré on loan as cover for Soldado
The 20-year-old Colombian centre-forward will be taking his orders from recently-appointed coach Fran Escribá. Negotiations between the two clubs were smooth.
A door has unexpectedly opened for Atlético de Madrid's young Colombian forward Rafael Santos Borré; the 20-year-old will spend the new campaign on loan at Villarreal as a sustitute for injury-hit Roberto Soldado. Soldado faces several months on the sidelines after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his right knee.
Due to the urgency of the situation, negotiations between Villarreal and Atlético were completed quickly and smoothly.
Santos Borré joined Atleti in July and completed the pre-season with the first team squad. A quick-moving, pacy striker who started out with Deportivo Cali back home in Colombia, Atlético see him as a solid bet for the future.
The player should be able to complete the move either today or tomorrow, so that he can be registered with Villarreal for the Champions League Play-Offs.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor