Martin Odegaard will spend next season on loan at Stade Rennais, on the orders of Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane. Last week Norwegian daily VG reported that the Ligue 1 side had moved to the front of the queue for the 17-year-old’s services and in France on Sunday reports were circling that the deal is done and will be announced next week. Stade Rennais will have no purchase option on Odegaard.
Bundesliga or Liverpool
The player’s preference was for a move to the Bundesliga, or Liverpool, and there are offers on the table from both Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburg. However, Zidane has put his foot down and believes Ligue 1 is a better stage for the Norwegian’s development. Zidane is familiar with the French side’s facilities after completing part of his Uefa coaching course there in 2014.
Zidane spoke about Odegaard in his pre-match press conference before the European Supercup: “He was with the squad in pre-season and I’m happy with him. We’ll decide later. Above all, him. Anything can happen before the 31st. The idea I have for him is to play a bit more and at Madrid that is very complicated because we have a lot of players. That’s my advice.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA LeBron James left frustrated after Lakers collapse against Warriors
- NFL How many Super Bowl LV 2021 tickets are on sale?
- UNITED STATES Biden inauguration, Trump last full day as president, $1,400 stimulus check updates | Live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: could $1,400 payment arrive in January?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?
- CORONAVIRUS What US states have administered most covid-19 vaccines?