Martin Odegaard will spend next season on loan at Stade Rennais, on the orders of Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane. Last week Norwegian daily VG reported that the Ligue 1 side had moved to the front of the queue for the 17-year-old’s services and in France on Sunday reports were circling that the deal is done and will be announced next week. Stade Rennais will have no purchase option on Odegaard.
Bundesliga or Liverpool
The player’s preference was for a move to the Bundesliga, or Liverpool, and there are offers on the table from both Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburg. However, Zidane has put his foot down and believes Ligue 1 is a better stage for the Norwegian’s development. Zidane is familiar with the French side’s facilities after completing part of his Uefa coaching course there in 2014.
Zidane spoke about Odegaard in his pre-match press conference before the European Supercup: “He was with the squad in pre-season and I’m happy with him. We’ll decide later. Above all, him. Anything can happen before the 31st. The idea I have for him is to play a bit more and at Madrid that is very complicated because we have a lot of players. That’s my advice.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus check: what has Biden said and proposed?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Are the third stimulus checks included in 2021 IRS tax filing?
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer keeping 'fingers crossed' that Cavani stays at Man Utd
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Fastest US states to administer covid-19 vaccines
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker