Gameiro: "We are going to achieve big things this year"
The Atlético striker said he is settling in well at the Calderón and is confident that the side will achieve "big things" this season.
Kevin Gameiro is still finding his feet at Atlético Madrid after his 32-million-euro move from Sevilla, but is confident the goals will come as he adapts to his new club.
"I still need to get used to my teammates"
“I felt good,” the France striker said after his debut against a Nigeria All Star 11 in the Trofeo Carranza competition. “I still need to get used to my new teammates. We have to prepare ourselves well for the start of the season. I still haven’t fully recovered from the physical problems I’ve had. It was my first game; the most important thing is to work hard this week to be ready for Alavés.”
"I'll have plenty of chances to score"
Gameiro, who bagged 29 goals in 52 games for Sevilla last season, was signed to take the pressure off Antoine Griezmann, who was Atlético’s top scorer last season. “The goal hasn’t come yet but it’s not a problem, I’ll have plenty of chances to score during the season. The important thing is to score in the league and other competitions.”
"We are going to achieve big things this year"
Of his new club, Gameiro said he is settling in well and looking forward to the season ahead: “This is a big family, everybody talks to me a lot. I’m very happy because there is a huge winning mentality here and a great squad. We are going to achieve big things this year.”
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clasico Real Madrid - Barcelona: El Clasico latest news, updates
- El Clasico: How last five Barca bosses fared in their first Madrid clash
- El Clasico Setién out to continue record against Zidane's Real Madrid
- Transfer market Madrid and Barcelona on alert as Napoli name Koulibaly price
- The GOATs 'Cristiano Ronaldo better than Messi believers know nothing'
- Leeds United Kiko Casilla given 8 match ban for racial abuse of Jonathan Leko