Jonathan dos Santos sidelined for three weeks
The Villarreal midfielder will miss both of the team's Champions League Play-Offs against Mónaco.
Villarreal midfielder Jonathan dos Santos faces three weeks on the sidelines as he recovers from ongoing problems affecting his left thigh muscle, club medical staff have confirmed.
The Mexican was unable to take part in yesterday's friendly against Leganés and is certain to miss Wednesday's crucial Champions League Play-Off first leg tie against Monaco and will likely not be back for the return at the Stade Louis II the following Tuesday.
As well as losing Dos Santos, Villarreal coach Fran Escribá is also without Roberto Soldado and Denis Cheryshev, who are injured, Víctor Ruiz who is suspended and Nicolás Sansone who is cup-tied after having already taken part in the qualifying rounds with his previous club, Sassuolo.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mourinho mocks Real Madrid while discussing "remarkable" Gareth Bale
- Transfer market Messi set for Barcelona stay, Juve, Man Utd eye Ajax's Gravenberch
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid to offer Vinicius and Isco for Paulo Dybala
- Champions League Tuchel: "Are Juventus first in the league? Are Madrid or Barcelona?"
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: how many people could lose the aid if not extended?