Jonathan dos Santos sidelined for three weeks
The Villarreal midfielder will miss both of the team's Champions League Play-Offs against Mónaco.
Villarreal midfielder Jonathan dos Santos faces three weeks on the sidelines as he recovers from ongoing problems affecting his left thigh muscle, club medical staff have confirmed.
The Mexican was unable to take part in yesterday's friendly against Leganés and is certain to miss Wednesday's crucial Champions League Play-Off first leg tie against Monaco and will likely not be back for the return at the Stade Louis II the following Tuesday.
As well as losing Dos Santos, Villarreal coach Fran Escribá is also without Roberto Soldado and Denis Cheryshev, who are injured, Víctor Ruiz who is suspended and Nicolás Sansone who is cup-tied after having already taken part in the qualifying rounds with his previous club, Sassuolo.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Barcelona converts car park into a temporary morgue
- Coronavirus What is the name of the coronavirus: Covid-19, SARS-CoV-2...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: What are the risk groups?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: global confirmed cases of Covid-19 pass 1,000,000
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: UK Government urged to tax clubs refusing to cut wages
- LaLiga Coronavirus: Atletico Madrid cut player wages by 70 per cent