Real Madrid round-up: Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Asensio
Tonight sees Real Madrid take on Stade de Reims in the Bernabéu Trophy with most of their stars ready to play. It's also a chance for Asensio to shine at his new home.
Historic Trofeo Bernabéu sees stars return
Gareth Bale and Toni Kroos will play for the first time since their involvement in Euro 2016 tonight in the annual friendly match to honour Santiago Bernabeu. It is a replay of the 1956 European Cup final (which was played in Paris) in which Madrid won their first title - a 4-3 victory over the French side, Stade de Reims.
Take a bow Asensio
At last, the promising youngster on Madrid's books - who has been impressing during the pre-season matches - will make his debut at the Bernabéu. Tonight Los Blancos' fans will get a chance to see the exciting talent as he plays in the final friendly match ahead of the new season. Although Zidane is likely to use much of his available squad over the 90 minutes, the boy from Palma knows that it's another chance to stake his claim for a starting berth. Following Morata's presentation yesterday, Asensio will be unveiled to the fans around 1pm today local time.
Still no Karim
Benzema will not take part in the match tonight as he looks to return to full fitness for the more important games that lie in front of him. Yesterday he trained alone in the gym as the rest of the squad worked with the ball at the Valdebebas training facility. Later this week there should be more news from the club on whether or not he will be part of the plans for the intial La Liga games.
Castilla struggle under Solari
Zinedine Zindane was there to see first hand Real Madrid Castilla lose their final game of preseason on Sunday against Real Valladolid Promesas. A 2-0 defeat to the fellow Segunda B side was the fourth in a row for the new coach who now has to get the team ready for the first competitive game on 20 August. At least he'll have several of his first choice starters to choose from,
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?