Odegaard: Rennes boss excited at prospect of Norwegian's arrival
Christian Gourcuff has told L'Équipe the French side will benefit from the loan signing of the 17-year-old, which could be announced on Tuesday.
Stade Rennais coach Christian Gourcuff has admitted that the arrival of Real Madrid starlet Martin Odegaard would bring the Ligue 1 club a welcome injection of quality.
Odegaard a top talent - Rennes boss
A season-long loan deal for the 17-year-old Norwegian, who has spent the past campaign and a half playing for Castilla, Los Blancos' 'B' team, could be confirmed by the end of Tuesday.
"He can have an immediate technical input," Gourcuff is quoted as saying by sports daily L'Équipe, adding that Rennes would be getting "a player of a high level".
Everyone's a winner - Gourcuff
"It's beneficial for all three parties [involved in the loan]," Gourcuff explained of the attacking midfielder's expected switch, which won't include a purchase option.
"Madrid want the player to develop, the player doesn't want to go to just any club and we have an opportunity that we're going to make the most of."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how could a new stimulus affect unemployment benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer: Manchester United one of England's most consistent teams
- AC Milan Ibrahimovic has no retirement plans "as long as I feel good"
- Barca president Tusquets clarifies Messi comments following Koeman criticism
- SEVILLA 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane reflects on "tough last few days"
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?