Florentino to Asensio: "Your dad told me you'd play here in 2004"
The Real Madrid president told an anecdote during the club's official presentation of Marco Asensio: "You were eight when your parents told me that you would play in Madrid"
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez told a packed press conference a curious anecdote during the presentation of Marco Asensio on Tuesday afternoon
"You were only eight back then..."
Perez affirmed that Asensio “dreamed of playing here and he’d already seduced the club with his enormous talent” when Real Madrid first set eyes on him back in 2004. “Your parents,” he addressed the 21-year old, “12 year ago they told me in Mallorca that you would play in Madrid. You were only eight then and you’ve earned the right to player here.
"With us you’ve already won the Super Cup and scored a goal, becoming the youngest player to score a goal for Madrid in a European competition. The fans will ask everything of you, but this is your home and I hope you enjoy yourself in the shirt.”
The Real Madrid president also made reference to the club’s ex-president, Santiago Bernabéu, and the trophy which bears his name (which will be contested on Tuesday night as Los Blancos take on Stade de Reims). “He was the man who changed everything, not only the history of Madrid but the history of football.”
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment