Asensio: I'll give my all for Real
20-year-old starlet Marco Asensio struggled to hold back the tears during his official presentation by Real Madrid on Tuesday.
Marco Asensio was officially presented by Real Madrid on Tuesday lunchtime, the 20-year-old declaring he'll give everything for Los Blancos in an emotional ceremony at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Starlet to stay after sterling summer
Signed by Real from Real Mallorca in 2014, the attacking midfielder was loaned straight back to Los Bermellones before spending last season at Espanyol - a campaign that culminated in a senior Spain debut in May.
And after impressing for Madrid in pre-season, with his displays featuring a stunning goal in the UEFA Super Cup win over Sevilla earlier in August, Asensio is to be part of Zinedine Zidane's first-team squad this term.
Tears for late mother
Speaking at his unveiling, Asensio - described by former La Roja boss Vicente del Bosque as Spain's biggest talent - could not contain his tears as he remembered his mother, who died of cancer when he was 15.
"I'm grateful to the club and to the president [Florentino Pérez] for their faith in me," he said. "I'll give my all for this shirt. I'd like to thank my father, my brother and my mother, who is supporting me from up above."
Bernabéu bow against Reims
Asensio is set to make his first appearance at Real's home stadium in Tuesday night's Trofeo Bernabéu clash with Stade de Reims (22:30 CEST).
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move