Atlético Sanluqueño goalkeeper found dead in reservoir
Alfonso Garrucho, the 18-year goalie for Segunda B side Atlético Sanluqueño had disappeared on Monday after going for a swim
The body of an 18-year old found in a reservoir in Cádiz (south Spain) on Tuesday morning belongs to Atlético San Luqueño goalkeeper, Alfonso Garrucho, local authorities have confirmed.
The young footballer’s corpse was found at 10.15am on Tuesday in Bornos Lake after a search was launched by the Guardia Civil.
Went missing after swim
Garrucho, who was the third-choice goalkeeper for the Segunda Division B side, was reported missing on Monday after a group of friends alerted authorities that he had failed to come back from a swim.
Garrucho had been on the books of Real Betis and Xerez CD before moving to to Atlético San Luqueño. The Spanish football federation (RFEF) led tributes to the player, tweeting "rest in peace"
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?