Javier Mascherano press conference
Would it surprise you if Claudio Bravo left?
We don’t know anything. I don’t know if it’s true [rumours over the Barça goalkeeper's potential move to Man City]. When a teammate decides to leave it’s because it’s they believe it’s best for them. Claudio has given us a lot, but I hope he stays. If he does go I’ll understand because we’re professionals and we do the best for our families. He hasn’t told us anything about his future, at least not when I was there.
Did you have doubts about staying at Barça this summer?
I’ve always felt valued. I don’t have any complaints about the last six years I’ve been at this club. After so much time one does wonder if they’ll be able to continue performing at the same level and if it’s all worth it. I did consider that and it’s public knowledge, but thanks to the club I’m still here and Barça can still count on me. The only doubts I had were if I could continue in a team as great as Barcelona is.
What happened with Messi for him to change his mind about Argentina?
After the Copa America final we were all found it tough to get over the three consecutive final defeats. It’s normal to take some time to think, but not for one moment did I understand that he’d 100% left the team. He thinks he can still help the team. Losing is part of sport but to Leo it doesn’t happen very often!
What’re your thoughts on Umtiti?
We all have the chance of getting minutes. He’s a great player, he showed it in the Euros. He gives us strength and makes us better.
Would it surprise you to see Fabregas go to Madrid?
Anything is possible; there are a lot of rumours. We know that he’s identified with Barcelona, but there are decisions that have to be taken according to your circumstances. I’m not someone who judges.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Who is Abhigya Anand, the child astrologer that predicted the coronavirus pandemic?
- George Floyd Protests Facebook will review its rules after Donald Trump's controversial messages
- George Floyd What is the third amendment and can it be applied now?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: Why are some taxpayers still waiting for the payment?
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd: 'Black Lives Matter' on Washington DC street challenges Trump
- Coronavirus IRS tax deadline postponed: when is the new payment date?