Mascherano ruled out of LaLiga opener against Betis
The centre-back retired early from last night's Spanish Super Cup return leg and while his team mates were celebrating, Barça issued a medical report to confirm a hamstring injury.
Javier Mascherano joined Barcelona's walking wounded last night, picking up a hamstring injury as the team lifted the first piece of silverware of the new campaign - the Spanish Super Cup. The Argentinean was forced to retire from that match on 79 minutes when Luis Enrique had already used up his three substitions.
While the team were celebrating out on the pitch, Mascherano was being assessed on the treatment table. The club issued a medical report soon after - the player has suffered an elongation to his right hamstring and will be out for a period of seven days which means that he will definitely miss Saturday's LaLiga Santander opener against Betis and will struggle to be declared fit for the following week's meeting with Athletic Club at San Mamés.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Who is Abhigya Anand, the child astrologer that predicted the coronavirus pandemic?
- George Floyd Protests Facebook will review its rules after Donald Trump's controversial messages
- George Floyd What is the third amendment and can it be applied now?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: Why are some taxpayers still waiting for the payment?
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd: 'Black Lives Matter' on Washington DC street challenges Trump
- Coronavirus IRS tax deadline postponed: when is the new payment date?