Mascherano ruled out of LaLiga opener against Betis
The centre-back retired early from last night's Spanish Super Cup return leg and while his team mates were celebrating, Barça issued a medical report to confirm a hamstring injury.
Javier Mascherano joined Barcelona's walking wounded last night, picking up a hamstring injury as the team lifted the first piece of silverware of the new campaign - the Spanish Super Cup. The Argentinean was forced to retire from that match on 79 minutes when Luis Enrique had already used up his three substitions.
While the team were celebrating out on the pitch, Mascherano was being assessed on the treatment table. The club issued a medical report soon after - the player has suffered an elongation to his right hamstring and will be out for a period of seven days which means that he will definitely miss Saturday's LaLiga Santander opener against Betis and will struggle to be declared fit for the following week's meeting with Athletic Club at San Mamés.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool? Tielemans brushes off transfer speculation
- Premier League When are the Premier League 2021/22 fixtures announced?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 5: how and where to watch - online, TV
- NBA playoffs 2021 76ers' Embiid has knee troubles in loss to Hawks
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Spain poor at both ends of the pitch against Sweden