Usain Bolt and De Grasse laugh across the line in 200m semi
The Jamaican qualified for the final in a time of 19,78 seconds and had time to look across and have a laugh with his Canadian rival, De Grasse.
Usain Bolt will race the 200m final on Thursday after comfortably winning his semi-final, clocking up a season's best of 19.78sec in the next step on his quest for an unprecedented sprint "triple triple".
The towering Bolt eased up a full 40 metres from the line in his semi, to advance along with Canadian Andre De Grasse, setting a national record of 19.80sec as the second automatic qualifier.
Bolt joked that De Grasse pushing him through to the finish line was "really unnecessary".
"I don't know what he was trying to do. I told him to ease up but he wanted to run to the end. He had something to prove I guess. But he's a young kid and he's great and he's got a lot of talent so I'm looking forward to a great talent in the finals," he said.
Watch as the two athletes cross the line having a laugh with each other.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22