Benfica break Portuguese transfer record to sign Silva
Benfica break the Portuguese transfer record to sign Rafa Silva in a €15 million deal from Sporting Braga
Attacking midfielder Rafa Silva, who was crowned champion of Europe with Portugal during the summer, has just signed a five year deal with Portuguese giants Benfica Lisbon.
€15 million deal
Benfica broke the Portuguese transfer record to table a 15 million euros (£13 million) deal for the Sporting Braga man completing the most expensive transfer in Portuguese history.
The 23-year-old had been strongly linked with rivals Porto, but the local press all announced that Silva had opted for the Lisbon giants and three-time defending champions.
Surpasses Moutinho fee
In addition to the transfer fee, which surpasses the record amount Porto spent for Joao Moutinho's 11 million euro (£9 million) transfer from Lisbon in 2010, Benfica also offered Braga Rui Fonte as part of the deal according to the newspaper Record.
According to A Bola, the Portuguese champions could also loan out two wingers: Maroccan Mehdi Carcela and Argentinian Oscar Benitez.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"