Benfica break Portuguese transfer record to sign Silva
Benfica break the Portuguese transfer record to sign Rafa Silva in a €15 million deal from Sporting Braga
Attacking midfielder Rafa Silva, who was crowned champion of Europe with Portugal during the summer, has just signed a five year deal with Portuguese giants Benfica Lisbon.
€15 million deal
Benfica broke the Portuguese transfer record to table a 15 million euros (£13 million) deal for the Sporting Braga man completing the most expensive transfer in Portuguese history.
The 23-year-old had been strongly linked with rivals Porto, but the local press all announced that Silva had opted for the Lisbon giants and three-time defending champions.
Surpasses Moutinho fee
In addition to the transfer fee, which surpasses the record amount Porto spent for Joao Moutinho's 11 million euro (£9 million) transfer from Lisbon in 2010, Benfica also offered Braga Rui Fonte as part of the deal according to the newspaper Record.
According to A Bola, the Portuguese champions could also loan out two wingers: Maroccan Mehdi Carcela and Argentinian Oscar Benitez.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match