Moreira: "Being by Oblak's side can only be positive for me"
Goalkeeper André Moreira was officially presented by Atlético Madrid on Friday: "My intention is to bring security to the team", he said.
Atleti unveil Moreira
Atlético de Madrid presented new signing André Moreira in the Calderón VIP lounge on Friday. The Portuguese goalkeeper, who joins on a one-year loan from Os Belenenses as cover for the injured Miguel Ángel Moyà, promised to "bring confidence and security to the team. I am realizing a dream I have had for two years which is to play for Atleti - I knew I needed to improve, give the best of myself, and play a more important role for the team".
Moreira also referred to first choice keeper Jan Oblak: "I knew that I would be working alongside Jan, he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world, he's a great player on every level and that can only have positive repercussions for me".
As for his new coach Diego Simeone, the player said: "Everyone thinks the same about him - he transmits character and the desire to win - and that is one of the most important charateristics in a coach. Our objective is to fight for every competition we are in, win every final we contest and that starts with beating Alavés, our first game at the Calderón".
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo inspired Man United move - Bruno Fernandes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo to drop down to Castilla
- Chivas beats Xolos in Tijuana in the beginning of the 7th week of the Clausura 2020
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid players who will be out of contract in 2021
- MLS Jürgen Damm could sign with a MLS team in July
- LALIGA SANTANDER Levante vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online