Zuiverloon: defender lured by Segunda B side Cultural Leonesa
The former Real Mallorca and West Brom man has been persuaded to join the ambitious third-tier outfit's push for promotion.
Ambitious Spanish Segunda División B side Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa have made former Real Mallorca defender Gianni Zuiverloon the latest impressive summer addition to their squad ahead of the 2016/17 season.
Cultural attract player used to top tier
The versatile Dutchman, who arrives from Eredivisie outfit ADO Den Haag, has spent most of his career in top-flight football, with clubs such as West Bromwich Albion, Heerenveen and Feyernoord joining Mallorca on his CV.
But that hasn't stopped Aspire Academy-owned Cultural from persuading the 29-year-old to drop down to the third tier of the Spanish game as they prepare their bid to win promotion to Segunda División.
Set for role in central defence
Although he has greater experience as a right-back, Zuiverloon can also play in central defence, with Cultural coach Rubén de la Barrera on Friday explaining he plans to use him at the heart of his backline.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby